Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, May 4, 2012

And so my adventure begins again! I will be here in Italy until the 11th then fly to Rhodes, Greece. I have no plans for the rest of my stay but have a total of 5 weeks of exploring, painting and writing.


Florence at sunset 2012

I have now been in Florence since my arrival 4 days ago. As I explore these city streets I am surrounded by the most beautiful light, architecture and history. Magical really. I walk down different streets each day discovering a new building more beautiful than the last or see some of the most incredible shadows cast down these narrow streets. I find myself so inspired. No wonder artists have been finding their way here for centuries. The atmosphere is perfect for creativity.


View from Giotto's Campanile

On Wednesday I took the train to the small ancient village of Lucca. As I entered through the thick stone walls that surround this place I felt like I was transported back in time. It was filled with many narrow winding streets and quaint piazzas. I rented a bike to tour through this town and also rode around the top of the wall. As I look out beyond I see another ancient village hanging from the cliffs off in the distance, Cyprus trees woven throughout, with purple mountains as a backdrop - it just doesn't get any better than this.


Wonderful street in Lucca 
                              
I will be heading for Sienna tomorrow staying out in the countryside there. After some very busy days here in Florence, I am looking forward to a quieter pace. I plan to rent a bike or car to explore the hillside looking for that perfect place to paint.

Thank you for joining me on my latest Artistic Adventure. I'm so glad you're along for the ride ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...