Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

On The Train To Sienna


It's been a whirlwind of a time since my arrival here in Sienna and today is my catch up day for my blog entries. I have been having an incredible time here and have met so many wonderful people and had some great adventures too. This next entry begins with my journey to Sienna from Florence. 

It’s now day 6 and I’m now on my way by train to Sienna. I must admit I am sorry to be leaving such a magical place but I do know there will be many other incredible painting and writing opportunities ahead.
My hotel in Florence was nice and close to the train station so I could just walk over. I love how these cities are so well equipped to transport people. It’s very easy to get around and even thought I did get lost several times, it always turned out to be a good thing. I found areas of Florence not starred on my map but for an artist, they were every bit, if not more beautiful as the main tourist locations were. Of course I wanted to see those as well but for me it is all about finding that perfect cast shadow, interesting doorways and as always the best restaurants are off the beaten path. Just follow the locals to see where they eat. You almost never see them eating in the main piazzas.


The scenes passing by my window tell me I am headed in the right direction. Through the openings between the trees I can see rolling hillsides that look like a patchwork quilt of blues, greens and yellows. I can hardly wait to explore this area!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like we should be able to see Maria running on those hills!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! I can almost hear the music! :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...