Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, June 6, 2011

Hiking Adventure part 2 ~ Italy

Another half hour passed as I made my way along this mountain path....or should I say crawled my way along!  The path was narrow and the climb steep but the views were spectacular. Here is one of the many vistas I will one day put into paint. You can see Vernazza harbour about 1/3 down in this photo.

Here you can see how narrow the path is. This young girl literally went "out on a limb" to create a passing lane. You can't tell from this photo but the drop off was very very steep.  I was quite happy to stay on the path!


Finally I could see Vernazza harbour. This little fishing village was a sight for sore eyes! If you look carefully you will see a stone tower on the highest building along the waters edge. My next photo was taken from the top of it.  I still have about another half hour to hike ~ I am so glad I am almost there!



I made it! I am happy I did this hike but am I ever glad I can take the train back to 
Santa Margherita!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...