Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, August 22, 2013

On the mountaintop!

My wonderful artistic journey continues.......

I arrived yesterday to the beauty and splendour that is Banff, Alberta.

 Evening Light

This is the view from my hotel. Wonderful!! Banff is a beautiful town but very busy too. I am looking forward to the quiet I will experience out there on the remote mountaintops. Each day our group will fly via helicopter to different locations...a great way to get there. I do love to hike but know to get to these places would take me a lifetime on foot. But then again, it has taken me a lifetime to get here now...

I am connecting with a painting group later today to get acquainted then we are off to the Bugaboo Mountains by helicopter early in the morning. Our group is headed up by renowned Canadian artist Robert Genn. He is a great painter and I look forward to getting to know him and the others.

I will post my sketches and photos soon. Now to go out and explore along the Bow River...with my sketchbook and paints!

1 comment:

  1. I was in Banff about 20-30 years ago. Probably quite a bit "slower" than today, but still very, very beautiful! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...