Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Memories ~ Poem

Snow falls gently upon frozen ground
This eve of Christmas Eve
Birds puff feathers to keep warm
While sitting on branches laced with frost
Clouds are filled with winter's light
The landscape has been transformed this day

A wonder to behold

As I move now through this fairy tale
A crunching beneath my feet I hear
Oh how I love this sound
Reminding me of days long ago
When life was simple
Hours were filled with snowballs, icicles
Skating and sledding in this winter wonderland
Now my children’s children do these things

Life pushes on

A snowflake caught as my lashes flutter
I smile and remember the fun I’ve had
I raise my face to the heavens above
Catch some crystals on my tongue




Another magic moment

I may not be able to do all of the things
That I was once able to do
Many moments forgotten as time passes

This I do remember

Carefully I lay on this fresh blanket of white
An angel now grows its wings
Moving arms and legs
I fly
May you too find time to grow your wings 
~ Merry Christmas to all ~
Connie Cuthbertson ~ 2011

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful poem. I, too, love the crunching of snow as I trudge through snow covered walkways. My other favorite sound is the crunch of leaves as I walk. Love the snow angel too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...